Thursday, October 12, 2006

missing grace

I thought of you today.
It was not about your betrayal or your ignorance.
Rather, the thought of wishing you're well.
And that life is kinder to you somehow.

I did not wish to dwell on bittersweet memories.
Of childhood simplicity we have once been blessed.
My thoughts led me to a truth we once shared
An honesty only youth can give...only we could.

Remembering what it was like between us
All those nights. All those words. All those dreams.
The world was a cocoon waiting for us to break it.
A cradle we could set fire to and watched it burn.

Instead you heed to the whispers of another vision
You've forsaken us for self righteous prophecies
While you take pleasure in your self imposed normality
You left me to be prey to my own darkness

I reminisce how you always-Always brought me back
From the claws of my turbulent winters and feral suns
And now I embrace both charlatans like an addiction
A perfect hound craving the taste of the red hunt

I thought of you today.
It was not about your judgment and defeat
Rather, the pain of losing you to a path I could not follow.
And the acceptance that I never actually wanted to.


- seerborn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by eSnips.com